Our principals have many years of experience in selecting stocks, dealing with adverse markets, and trying to take advantage of investors’ emotional overreactions to events.
John is a hands-on money manager with over four decades of financial industry experience. He has managed a mutual fund, a hedge fund, and more than 100 individual accounts, and has also been a financial writer for many years.
John has shared his stock market insights as a senior special writer for The Wall Street Journal, associate editor of Forbes, and a columnist for Bloomberg. His syndicated column appears in Forbes.com, GuruFocus.com, and newspapers nationwide.
- Founded Dorfman Value Investments in 1999
- Portfolio Manager, Lobster Fund
- Portfolio Manager, Dorfman Value Fund
- Managing Director, Portfolio Manager at Dreman Value Management
- Associate Editor at Forbes
- Executive Editor at Consumer Reports
- Senior Special Writer at The Wall Street Journal
- MFA from Columbia University
- AB from Princeton University
Email John: firstname.lastname@example.org
Katharine joined Dorfman Value Investments (then known as Thunderstorm Capital) in 2007. She takes the reins on stock research, and reviews companies from many angles: looking at insider buy/sell activity, capitalization, balance sheets, and management style and strategy. Katharine delves into the details and uncovers information other money managers might overlook.
- Former regional planner, Metropolitan District Commission
- MLA from Harvard University
- MA from University of Pennsylvania
- BA from Bryn Mawr College
Email Katharine: email@example.com
Lili Cai is the firm’s operations and trading officer. She previously interned at State Street Global Exchange, IXL Center and Haitong Securities. Lili has completed all three levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
- MA from Brandeis University
- BA from Shanghai Normal University
Email Lili: firstname.lastname@example.org