Easy Steps to Become a Dorfman Value Client
We are delighted that you are considering becoming a client of Dorfman Value Investments.
Before you sign up, you should make sure that we are the right advisor for you, and that a stock-market portfolio fits with your life goals and financial standing.
Here are some considerations:
- Before you invest in the stock market, you should have at least three months’ income in a savings account or money market fund. If you want to be conservative, six months’ worth is preferable. That way you will not have to pull money out of stocks at an inopportune time, because your roof is leaking or your child needs college tuition bills paid.
- Before you invest with us, or any advisor, you should read the advisor’s Form ADV. This is a government-prescribed form that gives you information about our investment program’s risks, fees, disciplinary history, investment methods, and other matters. Our Form ADV may be found here, and also at www.SEC.gov.
- The standard minimum investment with Dorfman Value Investments is $250,000 and our standard fee is 1.5% of assets per year. At our discretion, we may accept a smaller investment amount, or a lower fee.
- Take your time in making a decision about an advisor. It is an important decision and a long-term relationship.
Once you have decided to become a Dorfman Value Investments client, there are four easy steps to open an account.
- Fill out a Client Profile
- Sign a Client Agreement
- Decide what brokerage house will be the custodian for your account. We recommend TD Ameritrade or Charles Schwab, which the majority of our clients use. However, we can work with almost any brokerage if you have a strong preference for another broker. We can help you with the brokerage-house paperwork.