Our principals have many years of experience in selecting stocks, dealing with adverse markets, and trying to take advantage of investors’ emotional overreactions to events.
John is a hands-on money manager with over four decades of financial industry experience. He has managed a mutual fund, a hedge fund, and more than 100 individual accounts, and has also been a financial writer for many years.
John has shared his stock market insights as a senior special writer for The Wall Street Journal, executive editor of Consumer Reports, and a columnist for Bloomberg. His syndicated column appears (in print or online) in the Omaha World Herald, the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, the Virginian Pilot, and Guru Focus.
- Founded Dorfman Value Investments in 1999
- Portfolio Manager, Lobster Fund
- Portfolio Manager, Dorfman Value Fund
- Managing Director, Portfolio Manager at Dreman Value Management
- Associate Editor at Forbes
- Executive Editor at Consumer Reports
- Senior Special Writer at The Wall Street Journal
- MFA from Columbia University
- AB from Princeton University
Email John: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ankit Patil is our trading and operations associate.
- MAIEF from Brandeis International Business School, May 2015
- Assistant Manager (Manufacturing), TATA Motors, Pune, India 2011–2013
Email Ankit: email@example.com
Katharine joined Dorfman Value Investments (then known as Thunderstorm Capital) in 2007. She takes the reins on stock research, and reviews companies from many angles: looking at insider buy/sell activity, capitalization, balance sheets, and management style and strategy. Katharine delves into the details and uncovers information other money managers might overlook.
- Over 9 years financial services experience
- MLA from Harvard University
- MA from University of Pennsylvania
- BA from Bryn Mawr College
Email Katharine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to joining Dorfman Value Investments, Tom was Managing Director of Nintai Partners, a management consulting firm with a privately managed investment fund.
- Former Board Member, Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights
- Chairman of the Board, Hayashi Foundation
- Former Vice-Chair and Chief Investment Officer, Harvard September 11th Scholarship Foundation
- AM and AB and from Harvard University
Email Tom: email@example.com