About Our Firm
Dorfman Value Investments is an investment management firm in Newton, Massachusetts, dedicated to seeking strong investment returns for our clients through value investing.
We manage accounts for individuals and families. In addition, we manage money for charitable trusts, financial institutions and corporations.
Since our founding in 1999, our basic investment method has changed very little. We try to buy the common stocks of sound companies at times when investors view them with hostility or indifference. If a stock is popular, we probably don’t want it. Over the years we believe we have become wiser stewards of capital, more opportunistic buyers and more patient sellers.
Our team of experienced investment professionals has been tested over the years under a variety of market conditions. We are long-term fundamental investors, seeking opportunities for superior capital appreciation by buying out-of-favor equities that we believe have high potential for gains.
John and the team take a very hands-on approach to stock selection and to building customized portfolios for each client.
We believe in a few cornerstone principles:
- The best route to building wealth in the stock market is to own out-of-favor stocks, also known as value stocks.
- Sometimes the best values are found in companies that are off the beaten path… within the U.S. or abroad.
- Knowing our clients matters to us. We work for you, so we want to get to know you and understand your financial goals.
- Candor and directness are a way of showing respect for clients’ intelligence.
- We believe in being accessible to our clients. If you want to talk to us, just call. We’ll pick up the phone. If you email us we’ll reply.
- We put our clients’ interests ahead of our own.